• January 9Join the Morse Code! Stop by Room 212 for details!

• December 11AP Exam Registration is now available for $5!: aptestservice.com/morse

• November 2Yearbooks are now available for preorder! Go to YearbookOrderCenter.com and use order number 8261 to order!

Filed under News

Filming club goes to Morse campus

Morse’s Filming Club teaches students video editing and camera operation to gain skills in videography, through a six-week course on Tuesdays and Thursdays in Room 200, under the direction of GameFace, the course’s sponsor.

Students with a passion for videography are able to take the course to have an understanding for film and learn how to utilize specialized software. They work with programs such as Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and Aftereffects.

Kenneth Key, the instructor of the course, urges students to expand their skillsets in videography and take advantage of opportunities granted to them.

“Be like a sponge, and learn when people are trying to teach you something,” Key urged students. “Don’t deny yourself from being exposed to different things.”

The students will eventually create projects of their own, which will be focused on school spirit. They will also have local guest speakers shed light on possible careers in the filming industry.

“I want kids to be inspired to pursue careers in filming. With the Film Club, they don’t have to wait until college – they can start now,” Key said.

The class focuses on basic computer instruction, camera functions, lighting, audio, and storyboarding. Key hopes that students will finish the course with an appreciation for film and a skillset that will lead them to career opportunities.