• April 19MANDATORY Pre-Administration for students taking an AP exam @ the Auditorium on April 30 from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.

• April 4Submit your college acceptances to the Morse Code!

• January 9Join the Morse Code! Stop by Room 212 for details!

Filed under News

Environmental Club plans to make “GreenClasses”

The Environmental Club is planning “GreenClasses,” a project in which plants will be placed in every classroom, depending on the teacher’s approval, to benefit both Morse’s environment and students.

Morse is one step closer to becoming an eco-friendly campus.

The Environmental Club plans to have plants inside all of the classrooms by February, which is also when they hope to recruit new club members.

“We wanted a long term project to keep our members active,” stated James Anacleto, president of Environmental Club. “We also want to cement our influence on this campus.”

The club is trying to get teachers on board with having plants in their classroom.

The club will provide the plants and supplies, and the teacher of each classroom will be responsible for taking care of the plants.

Fundraising for the plants and supplies will take place once the project is approved.

“We thought it would be a good idea because it has positive benefits,” said Jiezel Nieto, secretary of Environmental Club.

The club’s goal is to bring awareness to the students and teachers, and hopefully persuade more students to care more about their everyday environment.