Filed under Club Corner

Art speaks louder than words in the new Art Expression club

Students+paint+after+school+to+express+their+artistic+side.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Students paint after school to express their artistic side.

Art speaks louder than words.

In the Art Expression club, an arc and IMIN established organization, students are given an opportunity to express their emotions through arts and crafts as a form of therapy.

Arc and IMIN founded the club in Morse this 2017-2018 school year because of artistic students wanting to establish a club that allowed them to use art as a way to convey their feelings and relieve stress.

Students would follow the instructor or try free-hand art. The art ranges from regular paintings to candle making, bag decorating, and pot making for succulent plants.

“There are a lot of talented students at Morse,” said Sandra Sanchez, the head of arc and IMIN at Morse, “Not all students feel comfortable expressing their feelings during school hours, but they may feel comfortable doing it after school hours.”

The Art Expression club does not allow cabinet members due to arc/IMIN bringing in an advisor outside of Morse.

It is Morse’s first year to have this club, and arc is satisfied with the number of students that appreciated their sessions after school. When the club started, they had issues with the number of people staying. Now, regular meetings average to over 20 students participating.

The arc program would put up flyers around the school campus, and send teachers flyers to show students, as well as advertising their calendar and newsletters every month.

The club would meet at the quad on Mondays from 2:30-4:30 p.m., but it has postponed meetings after school for the rest of the school year due to the advisor’s busy schedule. Although this is the case, it is proud that it was able to arrange students a place where they could be themselves and successfully allow students to share how they feel.

“This club was a great opportunity to meet new students and give them a way to express themselves and show off their skills,” Sanchez said, “I was able to get to know more about the students that come to the IMIN after school program.”

Artists at Morse are able to showcase their talent in their craft and unlock their true potential.

About the Writer
Patricia Jimenez, Staff Writer

“We gotta slow it down. Remember this moment.” -Monsta X