One World School Supply Drive

Back to Article
Back to Article

One World School Supply Drive

One World club will be hosting a school supply drive from Oct.29th to Nov.16 to collect for a Tiger pantry, a classroom  on campus where students can obtain school supplies, hygiene products, etc. that they cannot afford. The pantry is planned to be open on Tuesday, Nov. 6th.

Various school supplies will be collected, such as sticky notes, pencils, pens, backpacks, basic school supplies that students are unable to access due to financial struggles or any life problems.

The pantry is planned to be opened on Tuesday, Nov. 6th to the students that need the supplies the most. It will be located in room 515 towards the back gate of the school.

“My main hope would be to watch students like me, that struggled through high school one day pay it forward and do it for the next generation.” said Tai Oliver, special education teacher, and the creator of the Tiger pantry.

If you are looking to donate, you can drop off donations to Tai Oliver in Room 512, only during second and sixth period, Rasheeda Rashada in the Wellness Center, only on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Joyce Orona in Room M101 throughout the week, as well as Melanie Mathews in Room 404 throughout the week.

“I think it’s going to be effective, it’ll help students that need basic necessities.” said Makhfira Abdullahi, One World club member and junior.

Other clubs will also be participating, like the Red Cross Club will be participating, and they are accepting feminine hygiene products.

“Eventually we want to open it to the community.” stated Oliver.