Filed under News

Junior Parent Night

Juniors and their parents will gather at the auditorium to discuss their senior year, financial aid/scholarships, college readiness tests, and plans after high school on Thursday, Dec. 6, between 4:30 p.m. to 6 in the evening.

Those who attend Junior Parent Night will also receive information about the College and Career Access Pathways (CCAP) courses that are available on campus during their senior year. Not only that, but information regarding the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) and the American College Test (ACT) will also be available. Apart from the academics, information about concerning the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) will be presented.

“I feel it’s very important to have this event because I’d like to know what’s to look forward to ahead of time,” said Joshua Sagisi, Key Club vice president. “I feel like it will prepare me for my senior year and beyond since I think it’s going to be hectic.”

Starting at 4:30 p.m., there will be tables outside the auditorium with visitors and information. The information provided at the tables will include the City College CCAP Program, the University of San Diego Educational Opportunity Program ( UCSD EOPS), military recruiters, and the Fleet Readiness Center where there will be apprenticeship information.

In addition to those, there will also be information available about Southwestern College, Grossmont College, and information from Coach Dalvon Logan about the NCAA. There will also additionally be information from a San Diego State University (SDSU) representative.

“I think it’s an important thing to have to be able to inform us more about our future and choices with our parents,” said Celeen Santos, Morse Islander Student Alliance (MISA) co-captain.

There will also be an opportunity to receive one senior stamp to be used next year on your Senior Stamp form.

“It’s nice they’re giving us the opportunity to get one of our senior stamps,” said junior Junella Pinzon. “I feel like it will alleviate the stress that we will have once we’re seniors.”

The event will happen no matter what the weather is.

About the Writer
Anne Ellaine Santos, Staff Writer

"I'm going to stand outside, if anyone asks, I'm outstanding."