Filed under Entertainment

Service Journalism: How to Choose the Right Classes For You

Having trouble finding the right classes for you? Whether you are barely starting high school or becoming a senior, choosing your schedules can be a bit challenging when it comes to impressing colleges. Don’t you fret about about it because in this article will help guide you to making your life less stressful.

1. Talk to someone who has already taken the class.

If you know someone who has taken a certain class that you wish to take, it is better to talk to them about it. Ask questions to make certain of yourself that this is the class you still want to take. Although speaking to the counselors is helpful, it will be a much greater help if you could talk to someone who had experienced it.

“Talking to someone who had already taken that class helps me,” recalled Junior Sindia Garcia. “It benefits me to know what to expect from the class and how much workload it will be.”

1. Be confident with the classes you picked.

Many students tend to forget the purpose of finding classes that are suitable for them. They would only focus on the value of it and how it would increase their chances of being selected into a good college. However, that is not the case. Students should pick classes that suit their interests and to pursue their majors. If there is one class that fits their field, they could try it out along with other classes that fits around in that specific category.

“Take classes that they are interested in,” advised Junior Gabrielle Alcantara, “rather than trying to choose as many advance or AP classes just to boost their GPA.”

1. Seek other suggestions.

Some students may have already decided on the classes that they want to take. However, it all depends on the work that you put in. People sometimes want to pick a class that they find it interesting and be less difficult than the classes they do not want. As much as it fits your major, it is extremely important to gather information on how the class function. By agreeing to take the course, you must work hard to earn a good grade, no matter the circumstances. If the classes you wanted to take might seem extremely difficult, it is probably a good idea to switch into a different major.

“I would ask the teachers the year before I get into their class,” told Junior Richard Pelorin. “So that I could compare their workload to other options to see which one would be best for me.”

1. Think about your strengths and weaknesses.

Even if colleges will be impressed by how you are taking all AP classes, they will not see your struggles as you are trying to maintain your GPA. The problem is not that the classes are hard, but it is the amount of work and requirements that makes you to become stressed. Having all advanced courses means more work and less time to sleep. Having some regular classes would not impact negatively on your high school transcript. In fact by doing so, you could be able to make some time doing extracurricular activities and doing volunteering work that makes others see you as a well-rounded student.

“The key is to balance your schedule,” said Junior Mary Joy Abuyo. “Try taking a class that is not challenging but still maintain a good work ethic.”